Senior Procurement Category Manager - Exeter, Devon, United Kingdom,
We have a rare opportunity to work for our Exeter based client, a leading organisation in their field.
They are looking to recruit a temporary Senior Procurement Category Manager for a six month period.
The Commercial and Procurement Team works with people across the organisation, delivering the most economically advantageous procurement and contract management solutions to user requirements. The team also facilitates e-procurement solutions and innovation in the approach to procurement.
You must have proven experience in leading programmes, and around Surge Capacity and Technical "Capability as a Service" models. You will also have good technology experience of using G-Cloud, DOS etc together with Contingent Labour frameworks and understand different approaches to the market. Drive, Planning and Change Management are also key for this role.
Essential Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
- Leading on Market Engagement for Contingent Labour and Capability as a Service models
- Engagement with other Government Departments and Crown Commercial Services
- Ability to understand business and stakeholder analysis, change and project management
- Cross team working to ensure engagement and input in statement of requirements for new contracts
- Ability to write clear specifications and manage tender process
- Must be MCIPS qualified
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Abilities
- Contract Management experience.
- Legal training including law governing public sector procurement.
- A good understanding of financial systems and current software.
- Working awareness of Data Protection Act, Freedom of Information Act and Transfer of Undertaking for the Protection of Employees (TUPE).