Senior Procurement Manager - City, Leeds, United Kingdom,
Your new role
As a Senior Procurement Manager you will be responsible for leading a small team of procurement professionals to deliver sourcing strategies and contract awards for some of our largest infrastructure projects - including the A66 Northern Trans-Pennine Routes, awarding over £1bn of NEC contracts using latest procurement thinking to ensure projects deliver value led objectives.
This is an integral role that will see you developing creative strategic sourcing plans and strategies that drive value. The successful candidate will work closely with both the Major Projects Delivery Team and the Commercial Delivery Team across a matrix management structure including setting individual and team objectives and managing performance to deliver the best outcomes for the project. You will also work with the Head of Procurement to develop both project and company-wide continuous improvement in procurement practice.
The role requires a proven Procurement Manager with demonstrable experience of developing & delivering procurement strategies, who is familiar with complex sourcing in an Infrastructure environment. In this role you also will be working closely with senior internal and external stakeholders including Government departments such as The Treasury therefore excellent stakeholder management skills are essential.
We offer this role as a fixed term contract / secondment opportunity for 12 months on a full time basis (although part time hours would be considered for the right candidate). As the Senior Procurement Manager you will be based from our Leeds office with regular travel to our Manchester office and occasionally to our Birmingham & Bedford offices, as and when needed.
This is an excellent opportunity to work in Procurement division in Highways England offering national exposure and professional development to the successful candidate.
What you'll be leading on
* Managing the delivery of procurement resources to a commercial delivery team, setting individual and team objectives and managing performance in order to deliver the best outcomes for the project
* Planning and managing resources and capability to ensure that there are sufficient staff with the correct skills and capabilities to meet the demand for procurement support to deliver the requirements of the project
* Ensuring that all aspects of the procurement cycle, including stakeholder engagement, market analysis, supplier selection and contract preparation are planned and managed in consultation with the Head of Commercial Delivery to meet the project delivery timelines
* Working closely with senior stakeholders in order to address and analyse the needs of the business and come up with effective solutions and plans to enable projects and programmes to have a consistent approach
* Building collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders to support delivery of the Highways England imperatives, Safety, Customer Service and implementation of the Supply Chain Strategy
To be successful
* You will be a seasoned Procurement professional with demonstrable experience of delivering complex public sector sourcing programmes (e.g. procurement & evaluation strategies, contract drafting)
* You will have an excellent understanding of the Procurement lifecycle supported by knowledge of public procurement regulation
* You will have a strong understanding of governance and legislation surrounding procurement both externally and internally
* You will have proven experience of managing and developing high performing teams
* You will have excellent stakeholder management and influencing skills
* You will be CIPS qualified, or working towards, or hold a relevant equivalent
A bit about us
There's never been a better time to work with our Commercial and Procurement team.
We're a growing, vibrant team helping to drive the most ambitious roads investment programme our country has ever seen. You'll be involved in ensuring that our customers and road workers get home safe and well every day while travelling or working on our road network.
Our capital spend is due to rise, doubling to £30bn - in order to ensure we are managing bigger budgets and delivering effective spending of tax payers money our Procurement teams are growing. If you want to be part of the team that is helping to procure the country's largest ever roads investment programme, then we want to hear from you!
Why you should join us
At Highways England we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We're proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it - then you'll be a great fit for our organisation.
And finally we reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, so we recommend completing your application as soon as possible.