Senior Purchasing and Supply Continuity Specialist - Huddersfield, Yorkshire, United Kingdom,
We have a fantastic opportunity for Purchasing professional to join a large manufacturing engineering business on a temporary basis for 12 months.
The Senior Purchasing and Supply Continuity Specialist will be responsible for procuring specialised items and executing complex buying strategies in accordance with the company's strategic purchasing plan, looking at optimum cost, quality and service.
- Independently procures inventory, supplies, and capital goods and arranges timely deliveries.
- Analyses complex purchasing initiatives and processes in support of the delivery of cost effective and high quality goods and services.
- Prepares and presents recommendations of improvement opportunities and alternative courses of action to senior purchasing/sourcing leadership.
- Evaluates consistent application of sourcing procedures and processes.
- Supports purchasing/sourcing management in activities such as vendor management, industry and market analysis, process analysis, and model building.
- Leads analysis projects/initiatives providing coaching to less experienced analysts.
- Develops effective relationships with vendors and suppliers
A strong understanding of Purchasing and Supply Chain is essential for this role, along with the ability to take initiative, be action orientated and able to work effectively with stakeholders...... click apply for full job details