Senior Sourcing Specialist - Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom,
Job Title: Senior Sourcing Specialist
Contract: 6 months rolling.
Summary The Sourcing Specialist will be responsible for developing and executing sourcing strategies. They will establish and enhance the delivery of our customers network infrastructure hardware, devices and equipment in support of network fiber services (fiber, waves, collocation space, power, cross-connects, riser, IP-transit ports, etc.) from third-party vendors in accordance with planned deployment timeframes contractually negotiated by the customer.
The Sourcing Specialist will assist with the delivery of dark fiber, bulk fiber, leased wavelength and associated cross connects, working with internal staff and stakeholders, helping teams/vendors work towards common goals and deadlines.
The candidate will need to be robust and resilient when a situation is difficult, time is crucial, and decisions need to be made.
- Contract negotiation and contract development.
- Assist with the delivery of long haul dark fiber, leased wavelengths, circuit adds, moves, changes and disconnects.
- Proficient in the reading & understanding of dark fiber and other service contracts, with the ability to act on the terms set out within the contract. * The ability to drive vendors to remediate non-compliant/out of specification delivered fiber. * Demonstrated organizational project tracking, communications & time management skills. * Communication of target completion dates.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ experience in strategic negotiations and/or business development obtaining services from technology providers in data centre and Internet technologies
- 5+ years of experience in networking technologies
- Strong experiences with contractual/MSA negotiations
- Extensive experiences with contract development and vendor management
- Solid working understanding of domestic and global carrier networks
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills
- Good understanding of interconnectivity requirements within carrier hotels. Knowledge of fiber characterization, fiber types, physical interfaces, connector types.
- Understanding of industry fiber cleaning procedures, radius bend and fiber running procedures, with knowledge of OTDR traces, optical insertion loss, & splicing.
- Working knowledge of the fundamentals of optical networking: Fiber optics and DWDM technologies, SDH, AC/DC Power, Site survey, Co-location, carrier hotels, meet me rooms.
- Strong PC skills, MS office skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio) as well as ability to read and manipulate KMZ files. MS projects useful but not essential.
- Assist Senior Sourcing leads in reviewing supplier bids both from a financial analysis perspective as well as technical (KMZ reviews for SPOF's)
- Work with suppliers to expedite permits and right of way access