Solution Architect - Bedfordshire, United Kingdom,
Job Title - Solution Architect
Location - Milton Keynes
Rates - £466.71 per day to £524.62 per day
In Scope of IR35
About the role / project:
To act as the design authority for projects and programmes, responsible for the compilation of the high-level architecture to support programmes and their constituent projects based on the strategic vision. To design solutions directly for Route Services Information Technology customers in the business, and check that the solutions built align with the as-is and to-be technical infrastructure. You will be working on their HR Talent Management Programme and working in a team of 8-10 made up of Senior PMs, PMs and BAs.
What you will do:
- To look at potential solutions to look at their talent management processes within NWR - Marketing elements and bringing them through the door
- Talent Management - Recognising talent for that individual
- Training in personal development and mandatory training - Track side workers and operational staff
- Go out to a system integrator or a niche supplier to identify and assess opportunities to look at talent management.
- Develop solution designs in line with RSIT strategy, standards and definitions allowing for the appropriate integration of Network Rail's interfaces, data and systems at a strategic level.
- Set technical standards for development of the applications solution.
- Engage colleagues in other areas of RSIT to verify that the proposed design fits in with existing/proposed infrastructure, and where non-conformant, reconfigure or seek exception approval.
- Manage stakeholder understanding and expectation regarding the application design; confirming functionality meets business needs.
- Use agreed application design to act as an informed buyer for applications development from third parties; validating specifications and commercial constraints are clearly communicated and understood.
- Direct third-party resources to develop the application, acting as a point of clarification for complex design issues verifying that the product remains on time, cost and quality target.
- Verifying that programme/project related applications knowledge is shared appropriately in order to drive re-use of data, processes and technology where appropriate.
Your experience will include:
- Oracle ERP
- Ability to cross reference other technologies and infrastructure across their estate (single point systems)
- Ability to operate at a strategic level - understanding Network Rail enterprise technologies
- Experience within designing enterprise solutions - Assuring as well
- Stakeholder management, supplier engagement and business experience
- Design and assurance with enterprise solutions.
- Worked within HR or Talent Management previously - Good understanding of the HR Workflow
- Rail Experience
What you'll get in return
Network Rail (powered by Capita), understand what it is like to work as a contractor and do everything they can to make it a simple process for you - this includes a dedicated Onboarding and extension teams and access to a web-based timesheet portal giving you an ability to access and submit your timesheets wherever you are.
About our client - Network Rail
Network Rail is at the operational centre of the railway and playing a key role in a rapidly evolving industry. We are responsible for rebuilding Britain's railway infrastructure and are managing some of the biggest and most complex engineering programmes in Europe. Over the next five years we will be spending around £23 billion to maintain and upgrade every aspect of an infrastructure that comprises 21,000 miles of track, 2,500 stations, 9,000 level crossings, 40,000 bridges and tunnels, and signalling and power for the movement of 25,000 trains every day.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - Click apply now. You will then be directed to a Capita owned microsite that will assist you with your application. Once completed you will then be contacted by the relevant recruiter.
Network Rail welcomes applications regardless of age, disability, marital status (including civil partnerships), pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, transgender status, sex (or gender), employment status, trade union affiliation, or another irrelevant factor. We will interview all disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria.