Solution Architect - Lincolnshire, United Kingdom,
Solutions Architect York 12 months contract £500 - £600 per day
Solution Architect: Azure/AWS
Duration: 12 months + possible extensions
Rate: Up to 600 per day
IR35: Out of scope
Our client is undertaking a challenging programme of business process and ICT system change, in response to the opportunities presented by leaving the European Union Common Agriculture Policy (CAP) and associated payment schemes. Your role as a Solution Architect is to support the delivery of technical solutions at a project level to deliver consistent, robust solutions and outcomes that meet needs.
The Solution Architect will work embedded with an Agile project, co-creating designs, advising on technical options, participating in ceremonies, and reviewing all technical User Stories for sign-off. The context for this work is the wider organisation standards and patterns. You will have the challenging task of ensuring that the project can keep delivering, whilst ensuring compliance with the appropriate digital strategy at all times. Sought:
- Skills and experience in line with the Government Digital Service skills description for a Technical Architect:
- Excellent and demonstrable skills and experience delivering solutions in a challenging Agile delivery environment, desirably in a public-sector context.
- The confidence and interpersonal skills to become the trusted advisor to supplier counterparts.
- Recent and credible hands-on experience in key technology areas
- Broad experience of Azure and AWS IaaS, PaaS and SaaS
- System Delivery using Node.JS, .NET, and related technologies and application styles
- Strong experience in Agile / DevOps, and related technologies
- Continuous Integration and Delivery techniques and technologies, Including Infrastructure as Code and Blue/Green deployment
- Good understanding of Micro-services, APIs, SOA, Web services
- Solid understanding of continuous verification methodologies, including performance and interoperability testing
- Data management including SQL, XML, JSON and distributed transaction integrity
- Identity and role-based access solutions
- Utilising common/shared platform services, internal and external (e.g. GDS common platforms)
- Specific experience in MS Dynamics, Azure AD and Dell Boomi would be advantageous.
SOLUTION ARCHITECT, SOLUTION DESIGN, SOLUTION DESIGNER, TECHNICAL ARCHITECT, TOGAF, LEGACY, CLOUD, AWS, AZURE