Strategic Marketing Manager - Immuno-oncology - Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom,
Strategic Marketing Manager, Immuno-oncology
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Salary: Competitive, DOE
Contract: Fixed term - until March 2020
About the role
The Strategic Marketing Manager for Immuno-oncology at Abcam is a key market strategy and product management role, responsible for supporting development of, and delivering the marketing strategy for the Immuno-oncology research area product portfolio and ultimately delivering the appropriate revenue growth for the franchise.
The role is part of a team of three, headed up by the Director of Strategy for Immuno-oncology, and is responsible for making recommendations on the short and long-term development of the Immuno-oncology product portfolio. You will drive understanding of the strengths and opportunities within the existing Immuno-oncology portfolio, understanding the market both now and its likely future direction along with the needs of Abcam's full customer base.
Collaborating and working in strong partnership with the Marketing Communications and wider Customer Experience department you will develop exciting strategic marketing programs to drive demand and lead generation supporting the sales initiatives and business objectives to increase our brand perception and Immuno-oncology customer base.
You will fully utilise in-house expertise, collaborating with the R&D and Product Management teams to identify opportunities to expand our portfolio and capabilities in order to lead the market.
About the Research Area Management Team:
We are building a team who are highly committed, enthusiastic and ambitious, focused on collaborative working, innovation and strategic thinking, and who thrive on the challenge of achieving stretching goals. The team work in a fast-paced environment where they take a solution first approach to problem solving and are very results focused, with a strong sense of accountability for achieving their goals. What's more, they have a strong sense of fun and energy.
Roles & responsibilities:
Through continuous analysis, use of business acumen and market intelligence, make recommendations on the definition and tactics for the development and execution of the marketing strategy to deliver a step change in revenue growth of the Immuno-oncology product portfolio and achieve annual revenue and margin targets.
Make recommendations on the long-range development of Abcam's portfolio of products across all categories in Immuno-oncology research and provide input into the development of the in-house R&D pipeline of new product types and platforms.
- Design and execute methods for tracking and responding to competitor marketing activities for Immuno-oncology.
- Make recommendations on key product lines and market segments to target that enhance Abcam's global reputation as a leading partner in Immuno-oncology research.
- Design and collaborate with the Marketing Communications team to deliver the marketing strategy for the launch of new products and validation data from R&D initiatives.
- Partner with the Business Development and Customer Experience teams to communicate and position Abcam with potential customers.
- Provide subject matter expertise in assisting the Events team with the planning and execution of events including webinars and conferences.
- Recommend candidates to form Abcam's external scientific advisory board for Immuno-oncology and support the development and maintenance of Abcam's relationships with these board members and of the overall scientific advisory board for Immuno-oncology.
- Inspire and proactively engage key stakeholders across the business in the Immuno-oncology strategy.
- Design and deliver methods to communicate the Immuno-oncology marketing strategy to the global Abcam team and ensure a consistent understanding of the Immuno-oncology research area across the organization
You will be able to demonstrate significant sales or product management experience in the Biotech/Pharma or Diagnostics industry. In addition, you will have extensive experience of driving the development and execution of marketing strategies to deliver a step change in revenue growth for the product ranges you have managed.
You will preferably have experience within the Immuno-oncology research field and in all approaches to antibody development and antibody applications. You will have proven ability to establish strong working relationships internally and externally. Strong analytical skills and the ability to communicate and present findings and recommendations effectively will be key to this role.
A minimum of a BSc in biological sciences or equivalent would be necessary and a PhD would be a bonus.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on "APPLY" today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
No agencies please.