Strategic Project Manager - City, Manchester, United Kingdom,
This role is based in Manchester, but work may be required anywhere in the UK for periods of up to 1 week in duration.
Who we are
BPP is a global education provider delivering world-class professional qualifications. The group delivers undergraduate and postgraduate degree programmes, apprenticeships and professional qualifications across the UK, internationally and through innovative online platforms. When you work with BPP, you will be part of a business that really believes in supporting your personal and professional development.
What you'll do
To deliver an effective strategic project or programme management service for all projects assigned. Provide PMO support to major business change projects.
Roles and responsibilities will include
- Methodically investigate, analyse and document business initiatives to ensure they align and support the delivery of group strategies.
- Working across the group to define and drive delivery of joined up solutions/initiatives that are aligned to group initiatives/ strategies.
- Develop future roadmaps for initiatives that support the delivery of solutions/initiatives.
- Identify and manage projects/ programmes of work that deliver the agreed business requirements.
- Identification of the financial or service benefits that will accrue once the change is implemented.
- Responsible for influencing and maintaining strong relationships with senior stakeholders across the Group.
- Deliver and implement Project Change approach plan and strategy
- Proactively seek-out, analyse, model and specify return on investment for programmes and / or projects.
- Guide management towards accepting viable solutions which involve changes to working conditions and practices, showing understanding, imagination and creativity.
- Manage programmes/ projects according to the standards and expectations of the PMO.
- Manage assigned resources as appropriate to the implementation of programme/ projectrelated activities.
- Assist and support stakeholders by providing and maintaining accurate and timely documentation (ie; project plans and reporting) to ensure successful communication and delivery of assigned projects/ programmes.
- Ensure programmes/ projects are planned and executed in-line with the PMO approach:
- Ensure deliverables meet required quality standards.
- Ensure adequate levels of documentation are produced as part of the solution.
- Develop and maintain a Communications Plan and keep stakeholders informed of project plans and related implications.
- Facilitate successful hand-over and adoption to the operational business
- Production of progress and management reports, keeping virtual project rooms up to date
- Coordination of internal BPP services and external service providers as necessary to meet programme/ project timescales and objectives.
- To provide PMO support as necessary to business change projects
- To carry out other tasks as agreed
- Qualifications - Applications from candidates with appropriate and relevant education, work experience or other equivalent qualifications in relation to this role.
- Experience -Project Management experience essential, Programme Management experience is desirable.
- Skills - Organised, methodical, with a very good attention to detail.Familiarity with methodologies and project tools such as Agile, Waterfall, PRINCE 2, PMI and Microsoft Project.
- Personal Development - Must take initiative to ensure skills and specialisations are acquired to ensure that all relevant skillsets are continually developed.
- Efficiency - previous knowledge of Lean would be advantageous