Strategic Workforce Insights Analyst - City, London, United Kingdom,
Strategic Workforce Insights Analyst
£39,500 - £45,500 per annum
- Are you a Workforce MI/Workforce Insights specialist looking for your next career move?
- Do you have experience of analysing data and using that data to build workforce strategy?
- Do you have experience of staff survey data interpretation and correlating that data with other workforce data points?
- Do you have an eye for detail and are able to spot irregularities?
If yes, then this may be the role for you.
After working with this client as a main supplier for several years, they have engaged me once again on an exclusive basis to help them to secure their new Strategic Workforce Insights Analyst.
Reporting to the Deputy Director of People, this role is pivotal in providing comprehensive workforce analytics, trend data and insights to inform strategic decision making and support the continued transformation of how the business can continue to work together as one moving forward.
Based in London, this role is available for an immediate start. The client would ideally like to have you onboard by the end of November at the latest.
- To provide high quality workforce data and advice to enable the organisation to identify trends, design innovative solutions and take evidence-based decisions.
- To support pay modelling and the preparation and implementation of the annual pay remit and bonus payments.
- To utilise knowledge of the HR function to flag issues, identify solutions and contribute to actions to resolve.
- To troubleshoot issues with data and reports, including QA of data produced, proactively considering and offering solutions, and working with system specialists and HR/Payroll colleagues to resolve the issues.
- To be designated point of contact for workforce information surveys
- To contribute ideas on how to better understand organisational and people issues through evidence-based research and analysis.
- To contribute workforce insights to people and organisational development papers, proposals and reviews.
- To lead the reporting and trend analysis from the annual staff survey.
- To assess current systems and data quality, make recommendations and action to improve, and be part of the project for improving the Payroll/HRIS.
- To gather benchmarking data and produce comparison analysis on a range of workforce and people function areas.
- To share knowledge and coach colleagues in the use of data through everyday interactions and training sessions.
What you need to succeed?
- Ability to understand a range of complex workforce and people areas from first principles, and to scope and build outputs which meet the requirements of the function and our stakeholders.
- Confident working with large amounts of raw data and able to re-format and/or cleanse data as required in order to produce quality reports.
- Strong statistical analysis skills, with the ability to interpret and analyse data, draw out insights, form conclusions and propose options.
- Ability to present data clearly, in creative ways, using graphs, charts and other presentation techniques and tools.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to take complex concepts and make them clearly understandable for colleagues at different levels and in different parts of the organisation.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills.
- Experience of working with HR Systems, ideally Midland HR and with Business Objects.
- High awareness of wider data sources that can be used for business intelligence (including, for example, LinkedIn and Glassdoor).
What's in it for you?
- Civil service pension
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Subsidised gym membership
- The opportunity to work for an outstanding leader
- The chance to join a forward-thinking government organisation that is going through a high level of change (for the better!)
If you believe you possess the right skills and experience to succeed in this role, then I want to talk with you ASAP. The closing date for this role is November 2nd so time is of the essence. For further information or to receive a full JD, please send your updated CV to