Supply Chain Analyst - Skelmersdale, Lancashire, United Kingdom,
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Supply Chain Analyst/Demand Planner for a well-established Manufacturing client based in Skelmersdale.
The Supply Chain Analyst will be responsible for forecasting activities associated with customers and products. You will also be creating and maintaining forecast models for the customers, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing, finance.
- Develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at multiple levels of aggregation for
multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function.
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data,
develop statistical forecast models and evaluate forecast results.
- Forecast Accuracy Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated assumptions.
- Interact with sales, marketing, and customer finance.
- Utilise a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Sales, Marketing, Supply Chain and Customer Finance to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts.
- Use and maintain the Demand Planning software as the primary forecasting system.
- Provide input to the Supply Planning Team.
- Closely coordinate and communicate customer action plans.
- A customer demand forecast which incorporates current and accurate market information that allows the Company to correctly predict customer demand and provide
its supply chain with the appropriate information to plan how to meet that customer
- Demonstrate strong analytical skills.
- Strong IT/systems use, with good Excel skills, Access would be a bonus.
- Working knowledge of software related to demand planning is preferred.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of S&OP and the demand planning process.
- Experience managing internal communications, working cross functionally to deliver
- Strong interpersonal skills are also essential to effectively interact with all teams, areas
and levels of the business affecting the forecast process.
- Strong communicator to all levels, experience dealing with senior level professionals.
- Be looking to continuously improve and can demonstrate ability to remain calm under
- Strong time management and organisational skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistics, forecasting and forecasting methods.
- Strong experience in Demand and Supply Planning.
- SAP knowledge bonus.
In return, the Supply Chain Analyst will receive a salary of up to £30,000 pa, depending on experience.
This position will be on a long-term basis for the right candidate.