Supply Chain Development Manager - Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom,
Supply Chain Development Manager
Location: Cambridge, Cambridgeshire
Salary: Competitive, DOE
Contract: Full time, 6 Month Fixed Term Contract
Abcam is a global life sciences company providing highly validated antibodies and other binders and assays to the research and clinical communities to help advance the understanding of biology and causes of disease.
Our mission is to serve life scientists to help them achieve their mission faster by listening to their needs, continuously innovating and improving and by giving them the tools, data and experience they want. Our ambition is to become the most influential life science company for researchers worldwide.
About the Supply Chain Development Manager role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Global Planning & Trade Compliance team at Abcam as Supply Chain Development Manager. This is a key role in our business and will be principally accountable for the programme management of all functional improvement activities within the Global Planning & Trade Compliance team, ownership and delivery of specific initiatives, establishment and ongoing management of a Supply Chain Issues Management (SCIM) process on behalf of the business.
Abcam continues to grow at pace, with our supply chain encompassing four in-house manufacturing value chains, an extensive external network of c.400 vendors managing c.400,000 purchase order lines per annum, and a global, multi-site distribution network. The successful candidate will lead our efforts to continuously improve supply chain performance and service to our customers, and as such will be a key member of the functional leadership team.
- Establish an own a hopper of improvement opportunities on behalf of the Global Planning & Trade Compliance team.
- Programme manage the prioritisation, launch and delivery of improvement project/ initiatives from the hopper, ensuring clear articulation of status, resourcing needs and risks
- Own and delivery certain key improvement projects and initiatives on behalf of the function
- Establish and manage a Supply Chain Issues Management (SCIM) process on behalf of the function, ensuring all relevant supply chain issues are captured, prioritised and launched for resolution through deployment of relevant problem resolution techniques
- Being a focal point for the development of a supply chain design toolset, and a continuous improvement and problem resolution mindset within the Global Planning & Trade Compliance team
- Building and sustaining a network of cross-functional stakeholders, particularly in Sales/ Commercial, Product Management, Manufacturing, Logistics and Procurement, to ensure continued alignment of objectives and direction within the scope of the role
You will be a hard-working, enthusiastic and curious individual, with good professional experience in an operational, manufacturing and/or supply chain environment. You will have experience of various continuous improvement and problem resolution techniques and be able to demonstrate their application and effectiveness in a work environment. You will also possess natural attention to detail and excellent analytical, organisational and communication skill, and will have a flair for stakeholder management across all levels in the organisation. You will be comfortable in an environment of ambiguity and change, and with taking decision-making accountability in such an environment.
- Proven experience in a complex operating environment, alongside a breadth of experience in operations, manufacturing and/ or supply chain
- Proven application of various continuous improvement and problem resolution techniques in an operational environment
- Lean and/or Six Sigma training/ accreditation would be advantageous
- Experience of working in an ERP environment is desirable, but not essential
- Relevant degree or professional accreditation (e.g. APICS), and a willingness to continue further professional development activity
- Excellent knowledge of business management software, in particular Microsoft Office and business intelligence software such as Tableau
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful in this role click on "APPLY" today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
No agencies please.