Supply Chain Specialist - Gloucestershire, United Kingdom,
Job Title - Supply Chain Specialist
Location - Barnwood, Gloucestershire.
Rates - £19.07 per hour - £152.56 per day
About the role/project:
To provide supply chain services within the Supply Chain Commercial team delivering procurement and analytical activities. You will be responsible for a range of commercial activities such as choosing tenders, communicating with suppliers, negotiations, raising PO's and submitting contract letters.
What you will do:
- To undertake procurement activity in accordance with the Company's Acquire Goods and Services Process;
- Administering the upstream and downstream commercial aspects of a contract to the delegated level of authority (this includes supplier appraisal, tender preparation, tender assessment, negotiation, contract placement, variation and claim management and performance monitoring);
- Maintain an appropriate level of external supplier contact to undertake responsibilities effectively and liaise with Supply Chain Management on matters of importance;
- Regular & pro-active liaison and support to internal customers;
- Assisting the Senior Supply Chain Specialist in developing and delivering commercial support that will underpin the company's goals and objectives
Your experience will include:
Working knowledge of the Supply Chain and contracting processes;
Demonstrable experience of working within a commercial function;
Awareness of best practice advances in the supply chain;
Ability to promote effective teamwork;
Evidence of influencing change and delivering improvements;
Good communication, influencing, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
Working towards CIPS would be advantageous
We have been working with our client for ten years and supporting their award-winning approach to diversity and inclusion. Awards include The Times Top 50 Employers for Women, the Gender European Equality Standard 2016, Stonewall Equality Index Top 100 Employers, NatWest LGBT Business Award, BITC - Best Employers for Race and the National Equality Standard. Together we believe that a culture of inclusion forms the basis of a truly sustainable business and is a vital component in shaping a strong, fresh-thinking organisation, where the workforce is a true reflection of the communities and customers that they serve
As part of our process, every endeavour is made to promote and accommodate flexible working and we would welcome applications from those meeting the skills and attributes required.
If you meet the skills and attributes required, please outline any flexible working requirements with your application.