Supply Chain Specialist - Gloucestershire, United Kingdom,
Job Title: Supply Chain Specialist
Location: Barnwood, Gloucester. GL4 3RS
My client a leading energy provider is looking to engage a supply chain specialist to join them until the end of July 2020 in Barnwood Gloucestershire. This is a secure site and you will need to undergo basic security clearance and a drug and alcohol test.
You will be providing maternity cover within the Supply Chain Commercial team. Delivering procurement activity, elements of Contract Management (where necessary) to support a key strategic contract within the company.
- To undertake procurement activity in accordance with the Company's, Acquire Goods and Services Process;
- Administering the upstream and downstream commercial aspects of a contract to the delegated level of authority (this includes supplier appraisal, tender preparation, tender assessment, negotiation, contract placement, variation and claim management and performance monitoring);
- Maintain an appropriate level of external supplier contact to undertake responsibilities effectively and liaise with Supply Chain Management on matters of importance;
- Regular & pro-active liaison and support to internal customers;
- Assisting the Senior Supply Chain Specialist in developing and delivering commercial support that will underpin the company's goals and objective
Working knowledge of the Supply Chain and contracting processes;
Demonstrable experience of working within a commercial function;
Awareness of best practice advances in supply chain;
Ability to promote effective teamwork;
Evidence of influencing change and delivering improvements;
Good communication, influencing, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications, Experience
Working towards CIPS would be advantageous
We have been working with our client for ten years and supporting their award-winning approach to diversity and inclusion. Awards include The Times Top 50 Employers for Women, the Gender European Equality Standard 2016, Stonewall Equality Index Top 100 Employers, NatWest LGBT Business Award, BITC - Best Employers for Race and the National Equality Standard. Together we believe that a culture of inclusion forms the basis of a truly sustainable business and is a vital component in shaping a strong, fresh-thinking organisation, where the workforce is a true reflection of the communities and customers that they serve
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.