Young People's Practitioner - King's Lynn, Norfolk, United Kingdom,
Young People's Practitioner - £22,575 - £24,435 per annum - Home based but travelling across West and North Norfolk - Full time, Fixed Term Contract - 37 hours per week
Benefits: 27 days per annum plus public holidays, company pension, a position within a respected and rewarding charity
Offering a friendly working environment and team, we are looking for an experienced Young People's Practitioner/Coach with mental health training to support young people at this critical time through coaching and other interventions.
The Matthew Project is a value driven charity working across Norfolk and Suffolk giving help and hope through programmes with adults, young people and communities affected by drugs and alcohol.
Job description for Young People's Practitioner:
- As an experienced professional you will provide mental health and wellbeing support to young people experiencing anxiety, depression and stress
- Where necessary triage service users to other appropriate services
- You will facilitate resilience workshops for carers and support our Mindfulness Practitioner to deliver interventions where needed
- Collect relevant data and complete all necessary paperwork associated with the service including referral and assessment forms, data and any other administrational paperwork
Requirements for the Young People's Practitioner:
- Experience of working directly with young people
- A relevant qualification or experience and a willingness to train
- An empathetic and supportive natured person with strong interpersonal skills
- Must hold a UK driving licence and have access to a motor vehicle
- Understanding of the issues facing young people in relation to mental health
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal
- Excellent time management and the ability to plan workload
- Self-motivated, able to work under pressure, and able to use own initiative
How to apply:
To apply, please click the apply button below and you will be redirected to our website.
You will need to complete the online application process to be considered for this role.
Closing Date: Monday 19th October at 12...... click apply for full job details